Thanks for your business and we hope you enjoy your stay at our property!
1. CANCELLATIONS. Cancellation is free for up to 48 hours after creation of the reservation, as long as the reservation is created at least 14 days before the check-in time shown in the reservation confirmation email. If the Guest cancels the reservation less than 14 days but more than 7 days before the scheduled check-in time, the Guest will be charged 50% of the total nightly cost of the reservation, a $99 cancellation fee minus the cleaning fee. If the Guest cancels the reservation less than 7 days before the scheduled check-in time, there are no refunds. This Cancellation Policy is a firm policy. Hi-Desert Dwellings does not issue refunds due to acts of God, including but not limited to inclement weather; pandemics; quarantines; dangerous or unexpected road conditions; snow; power outages; or forest fires.
VRBO reservations cancellation policy -
If your property was booked through VRBO the cancellation policy for your reservation is located on the booking platform.
CHARGEBACKS: If there is a charge back done intentionally by your side, the new balance due will be the total reservation + 50% fee and all small claims court fees incurred by Hi-Desert Dwellings to recoup reservation costs.
2. DAMAGE INSURANCE AND CAPACITY RESTRICTIONS. Our properties are inspected before and after each reservation. The Guest agrees to pay for any damage to the units caused by breach of any terms of these terms and conditions and/or any rental agreement, including damages other than normal wear and tear resulting from intentional, reckless, or negligent behavior of the Guest, the Guest’s invitees, or any other persons on the vacation rental
properties with the consent of the Guest or the Guest’s invitees. The cost of any excessive cleaning required at check-out, loss or damage to the property’s contents, and any other damage to anything within the rental unit occurring the Guest’s rental period will be the sole responsibility of the Guest. A fee for damage and liability insurance was included in your reservation charges. The sleeping capacity for this property is limited to the number of beds provided: twin beds sleep one (1) person; double, queen, and king beds sleep two (2) persons each.. Extra persons beyond the maximum sleeping capacity are not allowed without advanced express written permission from Hi-Desert Dwellings. Often, extra sleeping capacity is not possible at the property. Each
additional person exceeding the maximum sleeping capacity for this property will incur a charge of 10% of the nightly rental rate, per extra person, and the Guest will be charged on the credit card provided upon booking. No exceptions will be made to the rule. No smoking or parties of any kind are allowed at this property. These Terms and Conditions include a No Tolerance Policy regarding excessive noise, parties, or disturbances to neighbors. Please make sure you are comfortable with these Terms and Conditions as they are strictly enforced.
3. RESERVATIONS. All Reservations are subject to Hi-Desert Dwellings’ and Property Owner approval. Online rates are subject to change without notice. Should there be ANY issues with the reservation, you will be contacted within 48 hours of the time that Hi-Desert Dwellings or the Property Owner becomes aware of such issues.
4. PROPERTY. Guest rents, for vacation purposes only and on a strictly temporary basis, the furnished real property and improvements described.
5. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE: Check-in time is no earlier than 3:00 p.m. on arrival date unless confirmed in writing by Hi-Desert Dwellings before your arrival. This time may be delayed by Hi-Desert Dwellings should unforeseen circumstances arise. Check-out time is NO LATER than 11:00 a.m. on the departure date unless confirmed in writing by Hi-Desert Dwellings before your departure. If given the express written consent of Hi-Desert Dwellings, early check-in and late check-out options will be granted for additional fee of $99, but these options are not available during peak rental months, which are October through May. If early check-in and/or late check-out are approved, you will get an email confirmation from Hi-Desert Dwellings.
6. PAYMENTS. If reservation is made sixty (60) days or more from expected arrival date, a deposit will be due to reserve the property. The balance will be due no less than thirty (30) prior to check-in and will be charged automatically to the credit card on file, unless the guest requests otherwise and provides alternate payment. For all reservations made less than 60 days prior to the check-in time, payment in full will be due upon booking. All payments are NONREFUNDABLE, except as provided in Section 1 of these Terms and Conditions. Hi-Desert Dwellings offers Vacation Rental Insurance which you may choose at the time of booking.
7. UNAVAILABILITY. If, for any reason beyond the control of Hi-Desert Dwellings, the vacation rental becomes unavailable, Hi-Desert Dwellings may substitute a comparable unit or cancel the booking and refund in full all payments made by the Guest.
8. STRICT NOISE ORDINANCE. There is a strict noise ordinance from San Bernardino County that must be followed. Absolutely no loud noises, music, or vehicles are allowed between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. Please note, if this ordinance is not followed, the Guest may be fined and asked to vacate the property. The County of San Bernardino has strict rules around excessive noise, guest occupancy and disturbances. If there are any fines levied against Hi-Desert Dwellings or the Property Owner due to Guest’s violation of any City or County ordinances, payment of that fine will be the sole responsibility of Guest. The fines range from $1,000-$10,000.
9. CAMERAS. There are recording cameras on the exterior of the property for the safety and security of guests and the property. Cameras are never on the interior of the property.
10. APPROVED GUESTS AND USE. For legal and accounting purposes, the person placing the reservation must be the same person as the credit or debit card holder. This person is considered to be the Guest and the Guest’s credit or debit card will be kept on file by Hi-Desert Dwellings. All other persons involved with the rental or who the Guest allows to enter the property are considered to be the Guest's invitees. All discussions regarding reservation, cancellation, and damage policies will be discussed with the Guest, not the Guest's invitees. The Guest agrees that no more than the number of persons stated on the reservation shall occupy the premises at any time. An automatic $500 fee will be charged for occupancy of the property by a number of persons greater than that stated in the reservation. Additionally, extra persons at the vacation rental at any time may result in a charge of $25 for each additional guest, plus any necessary charges as listed in the Damage Policy. The rental property is not intended for parties, special events, or large gatherings of any kind, at any time. Exceptions may be made on an individual basis. Please contact Hi-Desert Dwellings for prior approval of any planned parties or to request that additional persons be permitted to occupy the rental property. No additional persons will be permitted without written confirmation
from Hi-Desert Dwellings. If there is excessive noise or music, any illegal activity, or evidence of violation of the above policies, you may be asked to vacate the premise without any refund and additional charges may be assessed. Please inform Hi-Desert Dwellings of any change in the number of guests before your arrival to avoid these charges and so the property may be prepared appropriately for your group. No exceptions or refunds are given for changes in the number of guests after check-in.
11. CLEANING: the Property will be delivered to Guest in a professionally cleaned condition. Should Guest's use and activity require more than regular cleaning services, Guest will be charged for associated excess costs.
12. PETS: Pets are NOT allowed without permission and pet fee. If unauthorized pet is discovered on Premises, Guest will be asked to leave without refund as Guest will be in breach of this Agreement. Please check with Hi-Desert Dwellings about your property and we can go over the pet policy and if there are any additional pet fees.
13. NO SMOKING: Smoking is strictly prohibited indoors and within 15 feet of any structure at any Hi-Desert Dwellings rental property. Oil lamps and incense are not permitted due to the long-lasting odor. Violation of this policy will result in an excessive cleaning fee of $350. Additionally, if smoking does occur on the Premises, (i) Guest is responsible for all damage caused by the smoking including, but not limited to, stains, burns, odors and removal of debris; (ii) Guests may be required to immediately leave the Premises, or be removed from the Premises; (iii) Guest is in breach of this Agreement.
14. CONDITION OF PREMISES: Guest shall, on arrival, examine the Premises, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures and landscaping, if any, and shall immediately report, in writing, if any are not in operating condition or are in disrepair. Reporting repairs does not give Guest the right to cancel this Agreement or receive a refund of any payments made.
15. LOST ITEMS OR LEFT ITEMS: Hi-Desert Dwellings assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen or abandoned items. Notice of any lost or abandoned items found by Hi-Desert Dwellings will be provided to the email on file for Guest. There will be a $25.00 handling charge plus shipping costs for any found items returned at Guest’s request. Hi-Desert Dwellings shall not be held liable for condition of said items upon receipt by Guest. Any items not claimed for longer than 30 days after notice has been provided may be donated or sold.
16. MAIL SERVICES: You may ship directly to the home that you are staying in using Fedex or UPS while you are in the home, however we cannot guarantee delivery or security of the package. This will be up to the shipping client and the shipping receiver to arrange. **We are not responsible for any lost, damaged or delayed deliveries. Returning late deliveries after a guest has left will incur an additional fee, plus cost of shipping.
17. NO PARTIES: All of our rentals are in residential areas and may NOT be used for weddings, receptions, parties, or large gatherings. Any disruptive events could result in the eviction and forfeiture of entire rental amount and security deposit.
18. ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES: No illegal substances are allowed in the rental, and minors should not be in possession of alcohol. Violations will result in eviction from the property and no refunds will be issued.
19. TV/CABLE/INTERNET/SATELLITE: No refund shall be given for number of devices available; power or service outages; slow speed or poor quality; programming; or lack of content or personal preferences with regard to Cable, Internet, streaming or satellite services. Services are provided as a convenience only.
20. AIR CONDITIONING/HEATING: Most rentals are not equipped with air conditioning. If so equipped, and if not regulated otherwise, Guest agrees that air conditioning shall not be set below 72 degrees and heat shall not be set above 78, and that the fan setting shall be set to “Auto”. Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation. There are no refunds for lack of or malfunctioning HVAC units.
21. POOL AND SPA: If so equipped, spa heating is included. Pool heating, unless solar equipped is an additional fee and must be paid for prior to use. Guest agrees not to tamper with pool heat controls or manipulate heater in any way. Pool heat shall not exceed 86 degrees. Guest understands that the area surrounding pool and spa may not be fenced or secure. Guest understands and agrees to be responsible and liable for any damages that occur to the pool and spa and its support equipment through Guest misuse and/or negligence.
22. SYSTEM(S) FAILURES: In the event the rental unit sustains a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, sewer, septic, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, heat pump, ventilating, pool, hot tub or other system or structural systems, Hi-Desert Dwellings will make an effort to promptly repair or replace the failed system or equipment, and in such event, Guest agrees to permit Manager or its service provider to have reasonable access to the property to inspect and make such repairs. Neither the Property Owner nor Hi-Desert Dwellings shall be liable to Guest for damages, and no refunds will be given for such failures.
23. UNFORESEEN OCCURRENCES: Hi-Desert Dwellings does not and will not assume any liability or issue any refunds for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by unforeseeable occurrences including but not limited to weather conditions; natural disasters; pests; construction; acts of God; excessive noise from construction or from public or private events; wildfire and smoke; road closures; lack of snow; frozen pipes; interruption of services and utilities; and appliance breakdown. Properties that are listed as Ski-in/Ski -out, Ski Access, Walk to ski, and other ski accessible homes are subject to weather conditions. Hi-Desert Dwellings will not be held responsible for weather and/or snow conditions that affect the ski accessibility of these homes. It is highly recommended that Guest considers travel and/or rental insurance.
24. NO NUISANCE OR COMMERCIAL USE. Guest agrees to comply with any and all rules and regulations that are posted on the Premises or delivered to Guest. Guest shall not, and Guest shall ensure that licensees of Guest and any other persons on the rental premises shall not, (i) disturb, annoy, endanger, or interfere with other Guests of the building in which the Premises is located or its neighbors; (ii) use the Premises for any commercial or unlawful purpose including, but not limited to, using, manufacturing, selling, storing, or transporting illicit drugs or other contraband; (iii) violate any law or ordinance; or (iv) commit waste or nuisance on or about the Premises.
25. MAINTENANCE & REPORTING: Guest shall properly use, operate, and safeguard the Premises including, if applicable, any landscaping; furniture; furnishings; appliances; and all mechanical, electrical, gas and plumbing fixtures, and shall keep them clean and sanitary. Guest shall immediately notify Hi-Desert Dwellings of any problems, malfunctions, or damage. Guest shall pay for all repairs or replacements caused by Guest, excluding ordinary wear and tear. Guest shall pay for all damage to the Premises because of failure to report a problem,
malfunction, or damage in a timely manner.
26. RIGHT OF ENTRY: Hi-Desert Dwellings reserves the right of its representatives and agents to enter the rental property at any time during the Guest’s occupancy to investigate disturbances; check occupancy; check for damage; and/or to make such repairs, alterations, or improvements as we may deem appropriate; in case of emergency; and to otherwise ensure Guest’s compliance with these terms and conditions. Hi-Desert Dwellings’ representatives and agents have the right to enter the Premises, upon reasonable notice of at least 24 hours, to show the Premises to prospective or actual purchasers, tenants, mortgagees, lenders, appraisers, or contractors.
27. PARKING: During winter, snow removal from the driveway is provided automatically. But during severe storms, please be patient with the drivers as they are doing all they can to keep up with accumulation. Be sure you know the laws regarding winter parking. Do not park in the street! Your car will get a ticket and/or be towed! Driving conditions may be hazardous as well. Be prepared. Many homes are in HOA’s that do not allow parking on the street even during the summer.
28. TERMINATION OF OCCUPANCY: Upon termination of occupancy, Guest shall (i) return all copies of all keys or other opening devices for the Premises, including for any common areas; (ii) vacate the Premises and surrender it to Hi-Desert Dwellings empty of all persons at the standard or other agreed upon check-out time; (iii) vacate and empty any and all parking and/or storage spaces; and (iv) deliver the Premises to Hi-Desert Dwellings in the same condition as received upon arrival, less ordinary wear and tear.
29. PERSONAL PROPERTY AND INJURY:
(i) Owner Insurance: Guest’s personal property, including vehicles, are not insured by Owner or, if applicable, any HOA, against loss or damage due to fire, theft, vandalism, rain, water, criminal, intentional, reckless, or negligent acts of others, or due to any other cause. Hi-Desert Dwellings does not insure against personal injury to Guest, guests or licensees due to any reason other than conditions on the Premises pre-existing Guest’s occupancy.
(ii) Guest Insurance: Hi-Desert Dwellings recommends that Guest carry or obtain insurance to protect Guest and Guest’s licensees and their personal property from any loss, harm, or damage.
(iii) Indemnity and Hold Harmless Agreement: The Guest and all invitees use the vacation property structures and premises at their own risk. Hi-Desert Dwellings and its property owners shall not be held liable or otherwise responsible in any way for injury to the Guest and/or any invitees that is caused or permitted to be caused by the intentional, reckless, or negligent acts of the Guest, their invitees, or any other person on the vacation rental’s premises with the consent of the Guest or Guest’s invitees; or by the failure of structures, appliances (including hot tubs and bbqs), furnishings, and/or other equipment, whether by malfunction, misuse, acts of God, and/or events otherwise naturally occurring.
30. MEDIATION AND MANDATORY ARBITRATION: In the event of any dispute arising out of or in connection with the present contract, the parties shall first refer the dispute to proceedings under the ICC Mediation Rules. If the dispute has not been settled pursuant to the said Rules within ninety (90) days following the filing of a Request for Mediation or within such other period as the parties may agree in writing, such dispute shall thereafter be referred to mandatory, binding arbitration before a neutral arbitrator under the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
31. JOINT AND INDIVIDUAL OBLIGATIONS: If there is more than one Guest, each one shall be individually and completely responsible for the performance of all obligations under this Agreement, jointly and individually with every other Guest.
32. RELEASE: In consideration of the right to visit the home, Guest agrees to release to the fullest extent allowed by law, Owner and its Management, members, officers, associates, employees, agents, representatives, attorneys, assigns, and affiliates (collectively, the Affiliates) from all liability or responsibility of any kind whatsoever for any personal injury, death, property damage or other loss sustained by me, my minor children, any guest identified on this form, or any guest or person allowed onto the property during my rental dates as a result of my, my children’s or the guest’s participation in a visit to the home, due to any cause whatsoever, including without limitation negligence on the part of Owner or Management. I understand that this release will bind my heirs, administrators, executors, and any other person or entity seeking to claim under or through me.
33. CONTRACT TO FOLLOW: Hi-Desert Dwellings will send via e-mail a Direct Booking Rental Agreement to the Guest with Terms and Conditions specific to the Property rented by the Guest. This Direct Booking Rental Agreement must be signed by the Guest and returned via e- mail to Hi-Desert Dwellings prior to check-in.
Hi-Desert Dwellings, LLC
Joshua Tree CA 92252